6. Colorado College 2, North Dakota 4: Eric Walsky (Scott McCulloch, Kris Fredheim), 3:00.
Walsky was rewarded for going hard to the net. After McCulloch's shot was saved, Walsky pounded the goal past Lamoureux to draw CC within two goals.
7. Colorado College 2, North Dakota 5: Rylan Kaip (Matt Frattin, Chay Genoway), 4:44.
Frattin won the puck behind the net and passed to Kaip in the slot, who finished with a backhanded wrist shot top-shelf over O'Connell's left shoulder.
8. Colorado College 2, North Dakota 6: Joe Finley (Robbie Bina, Darcy Zajac), 10:14.
Bina picks up his third assist of the night as Finley scores his second career goal (his first was the game-winner at CC on Jan. 6, 2007) with a hard slap shot from almost the blue line at the top of the left circle. The blast beat O'Connell over his right shoulder.
Inside the stats:
- North Dakota won 58 percent of the face-offs, although play did not stop that much aside from penalties.
- CC allowed three goals on three shots to open the first period.
- North Dakota's top line of Ryan Duncan, Chris VandeVelde and T.J. Oshie accounted for seven of 14 points. The Sioux defensemen chipped in six points of their own, including two goals.
- Sioux defenseman Robbie Bina (3 assists), left wing Ryan Duncan (2 goals, 1 assist) and T.J. Oshie (1 goal, 2 assists) all had three-point nights.
- CC was outshot 14-2 in the second period, but outshot North Dakota in the first and third periods.
- Aside from Finley's shot from near the blue line, North Dakota's goals came on O'Connell's doorstep. Both of CC's goals on Lamoureux, who had only given up two goals entering tonight's game, came from the crease.