1. Colorado College 1, North Dakota 0: Scott Thauwald (Brian McMillin, Richard Bachman), 17:14, sh.
Scott Thauwald's first goal of the season and the Tigers' first shorthanded score of the season came 73 seconds into the only power play of the game thus far. Richard Bachman, who already had made saves on a wrap-around shot by Andrew Kozek and a point-blank redirect by Chris VandeVelde, rebounded a shot from the right circle by Ryan Duncan into the slot. Brian McMillin passed it to Thauwald, who spearheaded a 3-on-1 rush down the ice (Kris Fredheim joined). Thauwald's shot, CC's third of the game, beat Jean-Philippe Lamoureux for the score.
- Bachman has 18 saves on 18 shots.
- CC is being outshot 18-4. North Dakota is definitely carrying the play, but the Tigers are doing a better job than last night of possessing the puck.
- Checking in on the keys to the game:
- 1. Limit North Dakota to two goals or less. So far, so good.
- 2. Score two even-strength goals. Nothing yet, but getting a shorty isn't too shabby.
- 3. Score first. Check.