Saturday, October 6, 2007

Final Thoughts, Calgary exhibition

Here are some quotes from Eric Walsky, a junior who is in his first season playing for Colorado College after transferring from Alaska-Anchorage following the 2005-06 season. Walsky had a goal and an assist and finished plus-1, as did linemates Addison DeBoer and Stephen Schultz, in the 4-3 win over the University of Calgary.

On his first shift with Colorado College
It was really nice to get back out there. The first shift I didn’t try to do too much. I just wanted to feel it out a little bit and play it safe. No, I felt good. I didn’t feel like I missed a whole season or anything. I felt comfortable. My vision’s still a little bit off and so is my speed.

Was your first outing as a Tiger as you envisioned it?
It was kind of what I anticipated but I didn’t feel like I saw everything. I felt a step behind compared to what I would have really liked to have felt. It’s still really early on and it was a good start. It gives me a little confidence going into the regular season.

How did the team approach the depleted lineup?
Everyone was really anxious to play and nobody really conserved their energy too much in hopes that they’d have a reserve in the end but, uh, it was a little conservative merely because of the fact that it was the first game of the season and nobody felt too comfortable out there. Everyone was gripping their sticks a little bit.

How did it go with linemates Addison DeBoer and Stephen Schultz?
It was good, I really like playing with them. Schultz and I, I feel like we have good chemistry, even though we didn’t too much possession of the puck together but I think we stuck together out there.

Feel like you're really part of the team now?
I don’t feel like I’m in the limbo anymore, kind of on the team but not on the team at the same time.

***
Coach Scott Owens on practice this week:
We’re going to work very hard in practice this week because we have to. We have to improve our conditioning and our defensive play.

1 comment:

Shane Frederick said...

I owe you a shout-out (HEY!) from last week. Thanks. It's good to be out here on the blog-o-sphere.

-Shane Frederick, Mankato Free Press