- CC improved to 56-6-2 in 64 meetings against Air Force
- CC won its 25th game in a row against the Falcons and extended its unbeaten streak to 29-0-1 in last 30 games
- However, in the last two outings, the score has been CC 2, Air Force 1.
Keys to the game:
- CC went 2 of 5 on the power play.
- Air Force's Josh Schaffer was whistled for a high-sticking, contact to the head during a face-off about eight minutes into the second period, putting the Falcons down two men. The Tigers scored with three seconds left in the five-on-three to go up 2-0.
- CC right wing Mike Testwuide iced the puck after a face-off with 50.0 seconds left, but the clock only ticked off 1.7 seconds. Referee Brad Albers went to review the video and reset the clock to 37.5 seconds left. With the flurry the Falcons were creating before the buzzer went off--they got four shots in that final bit--that call ensured CC the win.
You may have missed new features on www2.gazette.com/tigerden:
- Post-game interviews
- Zoom-in quizzes on Jimmy Kilpatrick and Scott McCulloch